Red Hat Certification Guide: Overview and Career Paths
- August 19, 2023
- Posted by: Vijay
- Category: redhat
Red Hat, known for its enterprise-level Linux distributions, offers a range of certifications designed to validate the skills and knowledge of IT professionals working with Red Hat technologies.
Red Hat Certification Program Overview
Red Hat’s certification program aims to ensure that individuals are competent and knowledgeable in various Red Hat solutions, from system administration to cloud computing. Earning a Red Hat certification is a mark of expertise recognized throughout the IT industry.
Red Hat Administrator, Engineer, and Architect Certifications
Let’s delve deeper into some of the specific certifications offered by Red Hat:
- Red Hat OpenStack: This certification focuses on deploying and managing OpenStack, a cloud computing platform. It’s for system administrators who want to demonstrate their expertise in Red Hat’s OpenStack platform.
- Red Hat RH358: This certification is for experienced system administrators who aim to expand their knowledge and skills. It provides a deep dive into the Red Hat system.
- Red Hat Rapid Track: This course is designed for experienced Linux System Administrators looking for a condensed training experience leading up to the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam.
- Red Hat OpenShift (New): OpenShift is Red Hat’s Kubernetes platform. This certification proves an individual’s capability to develop, host, and scale applications in a cloud environment using OpenShift.
- Red Hat RHCSA (Red Hat Certified System Administrator): RHCSA is an entry-level certification suitable for those new to Red Hat Enterprise Linux. It validates one’s abilities in system administration.
- Red Hat RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer): This is a step above RHCSA and delves deeper into Red Hat system engineering. RHCE holders are skilled in setting up and configuring server systems.
Related Jobs and Careers
Earning a Red Hat certification can open doors to various career opportunities:
- System Administrator
- Cloud Administrator
- System Engineer
- IT Architect
- DevOps Engineer
- Platform Engineer
Red Hat Training and Resources
Red Hat offers a variety of training resources, including online courses, classroom training, and virtual training. These resources are invaluable in preparing for Red Hat certifications.
1. How do I get RHCSA certified?
To become RHCSA certified, one needs to pass the RHCSA exam. It’s advisable to take the official Red Hat training courses and then schedule the exam at a Red Hat examination center.
2. How many hours to study for RHCSA?
On average, individuals might need 80-100 hours of study, depending on their familiarity with Red Hat systems.
3. How much does the RHCSA exam cost?
The cost varies by region and can change. It’s best to check the official Red Hat website or contact a local testing center for the latest pricing.
4. Is RHCSA for beginners?
RHCSA is suitable for those new to Red Hat Enterprise Linux, but a basic understanding of Linux/Unix systems will be helpful.
5. What is the salary of RHCSA?
Salaries can vary based on experience, location, and employer. However, RHCSA-certified professionals often earn higher salaries compared to non-certified peers. Checking job platforms or conducting a local survey can give a clearer idea.
In conclusion, Red Hat certifications offer a clear pathway for IT professionals to demonstrate their proficiency in Red Hat products and solutions. As the demand for skilled IT professionals grows, having a Red Hat certification can be a significant boost to one’s career.
Read More Blogs
MASTER REVERSE ENGINEERING TRAINING COURSE IN DELHI – 2023
WHAT IS PYTHON? A BEGINNER’S GUIDE TO LEARN PYTHON IN 2023
SECURE THE FUTURE: CISSP CERTIFICATION TRAINING COURSE IN DELHI
TOP 10 IT NETWORKING CERTIFICATIONS AND COURSES
IS PENETRATION TESTING A GOOD CAREER?