Cyber Security Courses After 12th in India
- August 21, 2023
- Posted by: Vijay
- Category: cybersecurity
A Comprehensive Guide to Cyber Security Courses Post 12th Grade
As the digital landscape expands, so do cyber threats, making cyber security one of the most sought-after fields today. If you’ve just completed your 12th grade and are contemplating a career in cyber security, this comprehensive guide will provide all the information you need.
What is Cyber Security?
Cyber security pertains to the practice of safeguarding computers, servers, mobile devices, electronic systems, networks, and data from digital threats. It’s about defending our digital infrastructure and information from unauthorized access, attacks, and damage.
Types of Cyber Security Courses
- Bachelor of Networking – Cyber Security
- Bachelor of Cyber Security
- BA – Cybersecurity
- Bachelor of Science in Cyber Threat Intelligence and Defence
- B.Sc Computing – Cyber Security (Hons)
- 1 Year Diploma in Cyber Security from CRAW Security
Core Subject of Cyber Security
Cyber security encompasses a plethora of topics like network security, application security, information security, operational security, and disaster recovery.
Cyber Security Courses After 12th
Students from various streams can pursue cyber security after their 12th. Here’s a breakdown:
Cyber Security Courses After 12th Commerce:
Even commerce students can delve into this realm. They can focus on areas where cyber security intersects with commerce, like in digital financial transactions.
Cyber Security Courses After 12th Details
- Bachelor of Networking – Cyber Security: Focuses on the protection of networks from threats.
- Bachelor of Cyber Security: A comprehensive course covering all aspects of cyber security.
- BA – Cybersecurity: A humanities approach to cyber security, merging policy, law, and technology.
- Bachelor of Science in Cyber Threat Intelligence and Defence: Focuses on identifying and countering advanced digital threats.
- B.Sc Computing – Cyber Security (Hons): An intensive course blending computing fundamentals with cyber security practices.
- 1 Year Diploma in Cyber Security from CRAW Security: This course by CRAW Security is designed to provide foundational and advanced knowledge in cyber security in a condensed timeframe. It covers key concepts, techniques, and practices essential for those looking to dive deep into the world of cyber security without committing to a longer degree program.
Top Institutions for Cyber Security Course After 12th
Prominent institutions include MIT (USA), Stanford University (USA), and the University of Southampton (UK). Closer home, institutions like IITs in India and CRAW Security offer specialized courses.
Typically, students should have passed the 12th grade with a specified percentage, which varies from institution to institution. Science or computer background might be preferable for certain courses.
Many prestigious institutions conduct entrance exams to assess candidates. Exams may include JEE, BITSAT, or institution-specific tests.
Admission is often based on 12th grade marks and entrance exam scores. Some institutions might also consider extracurricular achievements or conduct interviews.
- Mark sheets from 10th & 12th grade.
- School leaving certificate.
- Entrance exam scorecard.
- Passport-sized photographs.
- Analytical mind.
- Problem-solving capabilities.
- Basic knowledge of computers and networks.
- Passion for continuous learning.
Scope of Cyber Security
With the rise in cyber threats, the demand for skilled professionals is skyrocketing. As more businesses go digital, the scope for cyber security expands exponentially.
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Penetration Tester
- Information Security Manager
- Forensic Computer Analyst
- Security Architect
Major recruiters include tech giants like Google, Microsoft, and Apple, as well as specialized firms like Symantec, McAfee, FireEye, and of course, CRAW Security for diploma holders.
1. Can a commerce student pursue cyber security?
Absolutely, especially in areas where commerce and cyber security intersect.
2. What is the average salary for a cyber security professional?
While it varies by region and expertise, starting salaries can range from $55,000 to $95,000 in the US.
3. How long is a typical cyber security course?
Bachelor’s courses typically span 3-4 years, whereas diplomas, like the one offered by CRAW Security, are condensed into a year.
4. Are there any short-term courses in cyber security?
Yes, many institutions, like CRAW Security, offer diploma courses or certification programs which can be completed in a shorter timeframe.
Embarking on a cyber security career post 12th grade promises a challenging yet rewarding journey. Given the global dependence on digital platforms, this field ensures not just lucrative opportunities, but also a chance to make a difference in the world of technology.
Read More Blogs
IS ETHICAL HACKING HARD?
ETHICAL HACKING LEARNING PATH – A COMPLETE ROADMAP
CERTIFIED NETWORK DEFENDER TRAINING COURSE (CND) IN DELHI
TOP 10 CYBER SECURITY INTERVIEW QUESTIONS: EXPERT INSIGHTS AND ANSWERS
CYBER SECURITY SALARY IN INDIA: UNLOCKING LUCRATIVE EARNINGS IN THE WORLD OF CYBERSECURITY
Table of Contents
Table of Contents