Learn Mobile and Web Application Security (Updated 2024)
- July 29, 2021
- Posted by: Tinku
- Category: information security
Learn Mobile and Web Application Security
In this era of digitization, everyone is aware of the usability of apps. Everyone is using them due to the basic benefits of convenience, ease, and fast accessibility. Companies have also started realizing the need to come up with mobile apps to promote their businesses, thereby getting more traffic and new leads. The extensive use of apps for cooking, exercising, shopping, studying, and almost everything else makes it important to ensure that the safety aspect of these apps remains intact. Web application security is the pivotal part of an organization dealing with the online presence of a business. The nature of web business is global, and this makes it even more vulnerable to attacks. Because it is possible to access sensitive data through source code hacking, web apps are even more important to businesses. The execution of this has become easier because a lot of networks can get affected or compromised at once.
It is the responsibility of the companies to come up with innovative techniques to ensure mobile and web app safety and the safety of their users’ data.
TYPES OF THREAT TO APPS
Threat to Mobile Apps:
If an app has been compromised by malware or a security threat, then it may pose problems for users like:
1. Theft of financial credentials
2. Credit card frauds
3. Hacking of sensitive information
4. Hacking into mobile devices
5. Leaking of personal information
6. Using other apps on mobile
These are some of the common concerns concerning mobile app security and this can create a fundamental mistrust of the customer with the brand. If the issue becomes worse, it can affect the business badly.
Vulnerabilities of Web Apps:
* SQL injection: hackers get inside the system database by using the search query system to access private and confidential information and then modify the permission segment to violate privacy policies and misuse sensitive data.
*Remote File Inclusion: In this, hackers include a corrupt file into the web app server and then that file can create malicious codes, thereby causing data theft.
* Cross-site request forgery: it involves manipulating a user into making a request and then using their authorization passwords. Now, the hacker uses those credentials and behaves like a user. This can lead to theft and other damage to the user. It is commonly done for high-profile customers.
*Data Breach: This is a common term used for mishandling and misusing confidential information. This can cause the leakage of millions of user data points and can cause havoc for a company.
How can we ensure the safety of apps? (Mobile and Web Application Security)
- Companies should start training their staff against common potential risks, such as phishing activities, malware, etc., to ensure proper protocols for safety are being met.
- Individuals should always download trusted apps from trusted sources
- Avoid saving passwords in your system
- Avoid sharing sensitive information or passwords
- Companies should end the session after the user has ended it
- Businesses should invest in-app safety to have loyal customers
There can be many more ways to combat threats from web apps, like using updated encryption technology, using proper authentication processes, resolving current vulnerabilities, and developing software development hygiene. Expert professionals in the field of data security are using sophisticated techniques but they need to stay updated as hackers are getting more up-to-date. This way, one can ensure the safety of web apps and, therefore, user data security.
Both individuals and businesses need to take action to ensure that digital platforms continue to be profitable and secure for all users. It is important to understand what we have at stake and then take the required measures.
Read More Blogs
SHIELDXDR BY CRAW SECURITY: REDEFINING THE FUTURE OF CYBER DEFENSE
HOW TO GET A CYBERSECURITY JOB?
HOW TO LEARN PYTHON (STEP-BY-STEP) IN 2023?
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO LEARN CYBERSECURITY?
CEH ETHICAL HACKING CERTIFICATION COURSE IN INDIA
WHAT IS THE FUTURE OF CYBER SECURITY?
BEST ETHICAL HACKING COURSES ONLINE IN DELHI
COMPTIA A+ TRAINING COURSE IN DELHI | YOUR GATEWAY TO A THRIVING IT CAREER
CYBERBULLYING LAWS IN INDIA: UNDERSTANDING THE RISKS AND PROTECTING YOURSELF
HOW TO START A CAREER IN CYBER SECURITY IN INDIA?
CYBER SECURITY CERTIFICATION IN DELHI | CYBER SECURITY TRAINING IN INDIA
Table of Contents
Table of Contents