Why Cyber Security Career in Demand? | Certified Ethical Hacker – 2024
- August 1, 2021
- Posted by: Tinku
- Category: cybersecurity
Why is a cyber security career in demand?
Cybercrime has taken the world by storm. We are living in an era where our enemy is unknown and we do not need weapons but smart and intelligent brains in the form of ethical hackers to save mankind from its ultimate doom.
Let us first understand what cybersecurity is, although the word is self-explanatory.
It means protecting information that is sensitive and critical from digital attacks. These attacks aim at having access to the system first, followed by changing and destroying information, which could result in hampering the normal functioning of business
Skills Required for Cybersecurity Professionals: Cyber Security Career
- Technical bent of mind
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Intention to learn
- Understanding of Hacking
- Basic computer Forensic skills
- Security knowledge across various platforms
- types of cyber attacks
Cyber Threats Sources
It is important to understand the source of threats to identify where they are coming from, who is responsible, and why.
Ø Malicious insider
Ø Industrial spies
Ø Crime groups which are organized
Damages caused by Cyberattacks
Reputation at Stake: Loss of trust by consumers and loss of potential customers to competitors due to word of mouth and wrong coverage by the media
Regulatory costs: As a result of these cybercrimes, data breach laws can make an organization suffer from regulatory costs or fines
Economic costs include the cost of damaged systems being repaired and the theft of information.
Ways to prevent cyber crimes
- Strong passwords should be used
- The software should be updated
- The home network should be strengthened
- Having awareness of major security breaches
- A full-service internet security suite should be used
- Educate your kids and keep an eye on them
- You should be aware of the steps to be taken if you are a victim of it
- Protect yourself against identity theft done for economic gain
- Applications should be downloaded from reliable sources
- Regular back-ups of critical data and storing it in a different drive
- Social media settings should be managed
Note: The portal to report cyber-crime is https://cybercrime.gov.in
- The maximum number of cases reported in Karnataka was 12,020
- In Uttar Pradesh, 11,416
- In Maharashtra 4,967
- In Telangana 2,691
- In Assam 2,231
- As per reports, 27 million adults have suffered identity thefts in the last 12 months
- 52% of adults are not aware of the measures to be taken to prevent themselves
- As per IBM reports, India is the second most targeted country after Japan in 2020 by cybercriminals.
Methods of targeting
Ø Card Frauds
Ø Social media cases
Ø Card skimming
Ø Job Fraud
Ø Business opportunity fraud
Ø Gifts and Loans offer
Also known as white hat Hackers, or information security experts, are popularly known as InfoSec. They penetrate a computer system after getting authorization from its owner to uncover security vulnerabilities and expose hackers so that they are not able to exploit them.
Ethical Hacker eligibility
Ø Advanced Diploma in Network Security
Ø Bachelor’s in Information technology
Coming to the meat of the matter, security careers demand ethical hackers to prevent potential security threats by highlighting them, which would result in saving the world from hackers.
Ethical Hacking is important nowadays
- For the Prevention of Critical and sensitive data
- Highlights the security risks that hackers can exploit
- You can save your company from being blackmailed
- Through ethical hacking, they test digital security systems to enhance their strength
Moreover, many institutes are offering ethical hacking courses, one of which is https://www.craw.in/. You can flip through the website for more details.
In the end, I would just like to conclude my article with the saying, “Prevention is better than cure.”. Hence, be alert and aware of your surroundings.
- Are ethical hackers in demand?
Yes, they are in high demand. The starting salary for them in India is 4 to 18 lakh per annum
- Types of jobs ethical hackers can get
(i) Information security analyst
(ii) Security analyst
(iii) Penetration tester
(iv) Certified ethical hacker
(v) Information security manager
- India’s No. 1 hacker?
- Is a cybersecurity job hard?
Yes, it is challenging and stressful
- What is the pay scale for cyber security careers in India?
As per some reports, the Average cyber expert salary in India has been raised to Rs 8.8 lakh but the Cybersecurity analyst’s average salary is Rs 32,900
Read More Blogs
SHIELDXDR BY CRAW SECURITY: REDEFINING THE FUTURE OF CYBER DEFENSE
HOW TO GET A CYBERSECURITY JOB?
HOW TO LEARN PYTHON (STEP-BY-STEP) IN 2023?
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO LEARN CYBERSECURITY?
CEH ETHICAL HACKING CERTIFICATION COURSE IN INDIA
WHAT IS THE FUTURE OF CYBER SECURITY?
BEST ETHICAL HACKING COURSES ONLINE IN DELHI
COMPTIA A+ TRAINING COURSE IN DELHI | YOUR GATEWAY TO A THRIVING IT CAREER
CYBERBULLYING LAWS IN INDIA: UNDERSTANDING THE RISKS AND PROTECTING YOURSELF
HOW TO START A CAREER IN CYBER SECURITY IN INDIA?
CYBER SECURITY CERTIFICATION IN DELHI | CYBER SECURITY TRAINING IN INDIA
Table of Contents
Table of Contents